Cambridge English exam preparation courses
Cambridge English exam preparation courses are the most effective way to ensure you get all the skills you need to sit the exam. Whether you wish to apply to a university or aspire to be a digital nomad and work abroad, Cambridge English Qualifications are an excellent stepping stone for you.
Who are the Cambridge English exams for?
The Cambridge English exams are strongly recommended for anyone who plans to work in international business or study and/or work overseas. Wherever life takes you, you will be able to prove your English level with your Cambridge Certificate.
What do the Cambridge exams involve?
Cambridge English Qualifications are accepted worldwide. They are a mark of excellence trusted by thousands of leading higher education institutions, governments and employers. With a Cambridge English Qualification, you'll open doors to a world of opportunities – literally!
You can check out the list of institutions that recognize Cambridge English Qualifications here: https://www.cambridgeenglish.org/why-choose-us/global-recognition/
When you pass the exam, you'll be awarded a certificate delivered by Cambridge Assessment English, the ESOL accreditation body of the University of Cambridge. Each year, more than 300,000 people from over 100 different countries choose to sit a Cambridge exam.
Depending on the level you are looking to achieve, you might choose from one of the following exam preparation courses:
- B2 First (FCE)
- C1 Advanced (CAE)
- C2 Proficiency (CPE)
Each of the B2 First, C1 Advanced and C2 Proficiency exams is made up of five papers:
- Use of English
B2 First (FCE)
- Communicate effectively face-to-face, expressing opinions and presenting arguments.
- Follow the news.
- Write clear, detailed English, expressing opinions and explaining the advantages and disadvantages of different points of view.
- Write letters, reports, stories and lots of other types of text.
C1 Advanced (CAE)
- Follow an academic course at university level.
- Communicate effectively at a managerial and professional level.
- Participate with confidence in workplace meetings or academic tutorials and seminars.
- Express yourself with a high level of fluency.
C2 Proficiency (CPE)
- Study demanding subjects at the highest level, including postgraduate and PhD programs.
- Negotiate and persuade effectively at senior management level in international business settings.
- Understand the main ideas of complex pieces of writing.
- Talk about complex or sensitive issues, and deal confidently with difficult questions.
How long are the exam preparation courses?
A preparatory course is highly recommended and often necessary in order to refresh or consolidate your current language level. The course will provide specific training, such as mock exams, tailored to the demands of each Cambridge exam.
There are numerous course options – varying in intensity and duration – available to you in order to prepare for the B2 First, C1 Advanced and C2 Proficiency exams:
- It usually takes 10 to 12 weeks to be fully prepared for a Cambridge exam.
- Intensive courses of 4 to 8 weeks are also sometimes available.
- Our Private Courses also offer an intensive and tailor-made preparation option.
Is the Cambridge exam difficult?
The Cambridge exams vary in difficulties to give a worthy challenge to students of all levels. As such, students need to invest a lot of time and effort in their Cambridge exam preparation if they wish to achieve their appropriate level.