Learn English in Portsmouth
Head to sunny southern England to learn English in Portsmouth, a fascinating city strongly influenced by maritime culture. Located opposite the Isle of Wight, the city’s historic centre, attractions and cuisine will charm you as you study English in Portsmouth, learning more about local history and being surrounded by English speakers each day. On an English course in Portsmouth, you’re bound to develop your language skills while exploring major attractions and the surrounding countryside - this will be a language stay abroad you’ll never forget!
On an English course in Portsmouth, you’ll be at the heart of the maritime history of England, learning more about local history as you develop your language skills. Our partner schools offer a wide range of courses, so whether you’re an adult or junior learner you’ll find an English course in Portsmouth ideal for you. Alongside that, you’ll be learning English in Portsmouth in the heart of the city, near attractions such as Clarence Pier and the recognisable Spinnaker Tower!
Why study English in Portsmouth?
- Portsmouth is a lively city, home to students and professionals alike who are drawn to its modern city centre and historic attractions like Portsmouth Harbour - contact us for more information about living in Portsmouth
- As you learn English in Portsmouth, you’ll spend time exploring local history at Portsmouth Historic Dockyard, dine with sea views at Gunwharf Quays, and take a walk along the beach in neighbouring Southsea!
- While Portsmouth offers all the attractions of a big city, if you join an English course in Portsmouth you’ll also be close to the best of Britain’s countryside, including the tranquil New Forest and South Downs National Park!
- To explore a similarly exciting British city, head to nearby Southampton, while you can also take the boat to the Isle of Wight for a charming island escape!
- While you’re studying English in Portsmouth, make sure to take a boat trip out to the English Channel to see this beautiful coastline from a different perspective!
- Elsewhere, you might rent a bike to explore the city on wheels or visit Spinnaker Tower to walk across the glass skywalk and see Portsmouth from above
Popular questions about studying English in Portsmouth:
Do you have further questions about studying English in Portsmouth?