This is widely regarded as part and parcel of a language holiday and staying with local residents has many advantages:
- Direct contact with a local family
- Complete immersion in a language
- Family meals together
- Cultural discovery through sharing the day-to-day with a local family
- Experiencing local hospitality in an authentic environment
- The chance to join in with family activities (celebrations, trips)
Host families are carefully chosen by our partner schools and are monitored regularly to check that they are meeting all the required criteria. If you like a relaxed and family-orientated way of life, this is the ideal arrangement for you!
Please note that the phrase 'Host Family' does not necessarily mean a traditional family, but that the household can be made up of older people, a single person or several adults. Different options will be available regarding how many members of your family can be housed with a host family. In the majority of cases, the bathroom is shared with the host family, as well as the lounge and other communal rooms.
Accommodation with a host family is not guaranteed for large families.