The winners of the first edition of the ESL Language Travel Awards were chosen from more than 400 language schools over the 5 continents, ranging from small independent schools to international groups. The ceremony rewarded language schools in 9 categories, from English language school of the year to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Champion.
In an industry with numerous accreditation bodies, the ESL Language Travel Awards provide language students with uniquely objective rankings. They are based on the careful analysis of over 7,000 students satisfaction reviews and more than 180 ESL team members ratings received over the last 12 months. Moreover, statisticians were consulted to certify that the right balance of students and team members’ feedback was considered to ensure fairness at every level.
The new awards are part of ESL's 20th anniversary celebrations that have been going on throughout 2016. The ceremony took place during ESL’s annual workshop, which brings together language schools from around the world.
And the winners of 2016 are:
· School of the Year - English: Brooklyn School of Languages, New York, United States
· School of the Year - other languages: Institut Européen de Français, Montpellier, France
· School Group of the Year: EC English Language Schools
· School Facilities of the Year: Kings Education, London, United Kingdom
· Accommodation services of the Year: International House, Belfast, Ireland
· Teaching Programme of the Year: St Giles International, San Francisco, United States & Alpadia, Lyon, France
· Leisure Programme of the Year: British Study Centres (BSC), Brighton, United Kingdom
· CSR Champion of the Year: EC English Language Schools
· Junior Programme of the Year: LAL Language centres, Torbay, United Kingdom
Top 10 runner-up results for each category are available at: http://blog.esl-languages.com/blog/esl/introducing-the-esl-language-travel-awards/