Official Italian Exams and Certificates
Recognised internationally, Italian certificates will benefit anyone hoping to develop relationships with Italian businesses or undertake studies in a higher education institution in Italy.
To prepare for the CILS Exam, you should follow these steps:
- Familiarize yourself with the exam format: The CILS Exam is divided into five levels, ranging from A1 (basic) to C2 (advanced). It tests your listening, speaking, reading, writing, and grammar skills.
- Study the language: Brush up on your Italian vocabulary, grammar, and comprehension skills. Make sure to focus on the specific skills tested on the CILS Exam.
- Practice, practice, practice: Take practice exams and use online resources to simulate the test environment. This will help you become familiar with the format of the test and build your confidence.
- Focus on pronunciation: Italian pronunciation is an important aspect of the CILS Exam. Listen to Italian speakers and practice speaking with native speakers to improve your pronunciation.
- Manage your time wisely: During the exam, you will have limited time to complete each section. Practice managing your time and completing tasks quickly, but also accurately.
- Stay relaxed: On the day of the exam, stay calm and relaxed. Get a good night's sleep, eat a healthy breakfast, and arrive at the testing center early to reduce stress and anxiety.
By following these steps and putting in the necessary effort and time, you can be well-prepared for the CILS Exam and increase your chances of passing.
CILS Exam preparation
The University for Foreigners Siena issues the CILS Certificate (Certificate of Italian as a foreign language), which is recognised by the Italian state. The CILS is an official diploma for measuring the level of competence in communicating in Italian as a foreign language.