Why learn Russian?
Russian is one of the key languages in Europe, as it’s spoken not just across Russia itself, but in many of the countries once under the influence of the Soviet Union. Russian is to this day an important language of business and trade in Israel, Armenia, and many countries across Eastern Europe. With Russia’s economic boom, a Russian course abroad is a welcome achievement on any international CV, and learning the language will allow you to experience the true Russia - a country which has long hidden behind a language barrier.
What are the advantages of learning Russian abroad?
- You’ll experience full immersion, speaking and hearing Russian in an authentic environment.
- You’ll explore the rich culture behind Russian-speaking countries and get to see it for yourself, up close.
- Your experiences will help boost your CV while also improving your international language profile.
- You’ll be able to communicate with people across Eastern Europe and the Russian diaspora.
- You’ll come home with memories of a new country and culture that you’ll never forget!
Where can I learn Russian abroad?
At ESL, we offer a wide variety of language travel destinations, and Russian is no exception. We offer courses in Russia, Latvia, and Ukraine, so you can choose from a range of cities - and cultural experiences, of course! From the world-famous cities of St Petersburg and Moscow in Russia, and the gleaming spires of Kiev, Ukraine, to the crossroads of Eastern and Northern Europe in Riga, Latvia…you’ll be spoilt for choice on where to go! Explore our Russian courses abroad and see where ESL can take you!
How to evaluate your Russian level?
If you wish to know your Russian level before enrolling in a language course abroad, you can take our free online Russian test. You will receive an immediate assessment of your Russian level according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. The final result will give you an idea of the areas where you are strongest and those where you should work on. Furthermore, it can be used to choose the right level for your Russian language course.