Choose beautiful Bath to work and study in the UK! A fine mix of history, culture and fun, this quaint locality boasts authentic Roman baths and natural thermal hot springs - the only ones in Britain! Whenever you’re not enjoying some pampering, you’ll be falling in love with Bath’s traditional Georgian architecture or discovering its fascinating museums and galleries, unique festivals and other music, theatre and sport events.
Due to its enormous pull for tourism, there are many part-time student jobs available – an advantage we encourage our students to make the most of!
Why take an English long-term course in Bath?
Studying and working long term in Bath with ESL will allow you to:
- Learn and practise English at all times both with friendly locals and fellow language learners
- Enjoy a full immersion experience in an authentic English town that will have you feeling like you’ve travelled back to the Jane Austen era
- Develop language and professional skills by working through English in the UK thanks to our Job Club service
- Make life-long friendships with work colleagues other international students who you will share unique experiences with
- Discover the UK by travelling around at the weekends – Bristol and Cardiff are within easy reach, for instance
Can I work and study during my gap year in Bath?
Jobs in the UK are plentiful and offer a wide range of possibilities for students. Through our Job Club you will receive support on how to search for a job and write a good CV, as well as several aspects related to wages, employees’ rights, etc. Although it’s possible to find a position that you can combine with your language course, it may also be a great opportunity for you to extend your stay in the UK!