Why choose Edinburgh as my gap year destination?
Going for a long-term stay in Edinburgh will ensure you:
- Reach your desired English language goals by practising both inside and outside the classroom
- Apply your language and professional skills daily by learning to live like a true local and even working as one!
- Meet people from all around the world and create friendships that will last a lifetime
- Discover a whole new side of British culture by immersing yourself in the Scottish way of life
- Become an expert on Edinburgh’s hidden gems and unveil the mysteries that surround the city
Can I work and study in Edinburgh during my gap year?
Combining language learning with work experience in the UK is not only possible – at ESL we believe it’s one of the most effective ways to make the most out of your language course abroad. You will find our Job Club service will be of great help when it comes to actually looking for a position, drawing up a good CV and learning about your rights and obligations under UK labour legislation. Who knows, you may want to stay and work even after your course has ended!